Thursday, November 1, 2007

Bringing Up Crap

As many of the other students from the class would agree with me, I did not enjoy Howard Hawks film, Bringing Up Baby. I am not sure whether it was the plot of the story, the script or Katharine Hepburn that made the film so unbearable. If it was indeed the script, then Hepburn did an amazing job conforming into the obnoxious character that she played! No matter the case, it is never a good idea to frustrate the audience that way, because it is extremely distracting from the film.

I would not reccomend this film.

3 comments:

Allison K. said...

i think that this movie could have been Ok, but everyone (including me) was distracted from all the over the top acting. I agree that you shouldn't annoy the whole entire audience. Wahoo

Kari said...

Caitlin! I am happy to hear we agree on something relating to movies--obviously we do not regarding John Cusack and Denzel Washington, Haha--but I agree how distracting it is when you just sit there being frustrated. Well said. And yes Katharine did a good job, because she drove me insane.

Ellie said...

I agree with what you said about not likeing the movie and i especially like how you didnt say, like everyone else (including me), that the reason why you didnt like the film was strickly because of the character susan. so good job cait!