Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Blog 2, DENZEL!

Out of all the actors and actresses in Hollywood, Denzel Washington is my absolute favorite. Although he generally only partakes in a limited variety of film genres, such as drama and/or suspense, I think he does an amazing job taking on the role of each character, and adapting to their frame of mind, rather than his own. My favorite "Denzel films" (in no particular order) are: The Bone Collector, Remember the Titans, Out of Time, John Q., Antwone Fisher, Out of Time, Deja Vu, Man on Fire, and Inside Man.

Denzel shows his diversity playing Steve Biko in the strong and overwhelming story of Cry Freedom, and Don Pedro of Aragon in the forever "classic" Much Ado About Nothing.

The only time I have ever disliked a film of Denzel's was when I saw The Pelican Brief. It's possible that I wasn't paying attention, or that I simply did not understand the plot, but I found it very boring, and I couldn't tell you one thing that happened during the entire movie, except that I think Denzel and Julia Roberts (co-star) were in a big crowd together at one point in the film.

Two films that I have yet to see of Denzel's, and would really like to, are Training Day and The Manchurian Candidate. Hopefully I will be able to soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, it is an interesting blog to read.

Claire W said...

hey is my favorite too! good topic

Kari said...

Caitlin!
1. Denzel, yes, is good at what he does, however, I honestly find him a little boring, but I think that is mostly because the movies he is in aren't really my taste.
2. The Pelican Breif is a pretty good movie for the Denzel movies I have seen and I would suggest watching it again sometime! But, it's true it is a little slow.
3. Johnny boy is the greatest. It saddens me you cannot appreciate him the way I do.
4. Even though we obviously choose to disagree on our movies, I still love you the same! Haha. Tootaloo!